Friday, October 8, 2010

3 1/2 weeks to go!

I cannot believe we only have a few short weeks before we will see our beautiful little girl. It has been a long wait and I'm so excited to hold her in my arms. It has been a little roller coaster this whole pregnancy. I try to not worry! So here is the short explanation of it all so far.

By the 20th week, I started measuring small and ever since then I have never been closer than two weeks to date. Usually, I measure 3-4 weeks too small. I have had a total of 4 ultrasounds. Super frustrating because it costs so much, but I got lots of cute pictures of my baby! :) She is so pretty. It was also frustrating because every ultrasound showed that she was doing fine, she was the right size and everything was well until last weeks ultrasound. They baby's heart rate wouldn't increase above 120. We checked it 4 different times and got 106, 112, 117 and 110. The sonographer got kinda worried and went to consult with our doctor. He was nervous about it too so he personally walked us down to Labor and Delivery to have the baby monitored for a while. We spent probably close to 2 hours in a room hooked up to machines. Of course, her heart rate went up and was super steady at 120. She was fine! We don't know if maybe she was laying on her cord or what she was doing. She was moving around so it wasn't like she was sleeping. Hmm...



So when I went to my appt. this week, we scheduled an ultrasound just before my OB appt. just to make sure she was still fine and she is, for the most part. Now she is measuring 2 weeks small. Of course, my uterus has always been small but she has always measured on target. She did not gain anything from last week to this week but actually lost. Of course, it is not the most accurate measurement so she very well have gained something or at least stayed the same but she should be gaining more. Doc says that if she begins to fall behind anymore than she already has he will get concerned but so far he isn't overly worried. If she does fall behind, they will put me on super restrictions, almost like bed rest and give me steroid shot to help her grow. Hopefully that wont have to happen.

Here's a collage I put together of some of our ultrasound pictures. :)
We've only got a few more weeks so she needs to starting getting her act together otherwise we are going to have a tiny baby! :)

Other than all that, I've had a good pregnancy. Not very much nausea, just every so often. I feel pretty faint when I am standing too long or actively working so I have to sit down and relax. Now, my biggest problem is my large belly. I just want to bend over and sleep on my tummy and sit normally. HA!

Oh yes, as of Tuesday, I am 80% effaced and dilated to a 1. I can't believe it! Reality is totally starting to hit, I am going to have a baby here soon, real soon. And I cannot wait, the nursery mostly together, just a few more touches that need to be done to it. I'll post pictures when it's completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment