Friday, December 26, 2008

Our Engagement Day! :D


Hello Everyone! It's Randy and Nikki. Today, this morning, at Midnight, we got Engaged.
This is the beginning of our life together as a happy family. We are so excited and want to share our experiences with those that we love.

(ABOVE) This is our first picture together as an engaged couple. :D

Here I'll tell you the story.
We came to Sacramento for the Holidays. Randy has never been to Sacramento so I thought it would be so much fun. Well, yesterday was Randy's Birthday. So I took him to San Francisco. He had never gone there too. We had so much fun. We took so many pictures and I'm pretty sure it was the best birthday he has ever had. :D









We came home that day pooped out because it was such a long day. We put Heroes in the DVD player and watch a few episodes. All day I wanted Randy to propose to me. I knew he had my ring and I knew he brought it with us on this vacation. And I thought that maybe it would be the night. But just before Midnight, Randy decided that it was time for bed. It was Christmas the next morning and we had to get up early. So we said our goodnights, gave our smooches and went to our separate rooms. I came to the conclusion that he was not going to propose because he decided to go to bed and was sending me to my room, the one I lived in during high school and he slept in the living room. I took off my glasses and got into bed. I suddenly got a text from Randy telling me to look under my pillow. I reached under my pillow and pulled out this folded note. I hid under the covers to try my best not to wake up Granny who shared a room with me. I read the note which said that I had a Christmas present under the Christmas tree and that I should go take a look at it. Well, Randy was in the living room sleeping next to the Christmas tree. He told me today that from the time that he sent the text to me and the time I walked out of the room, it seemed like forever. He was afraid that I didn't get the text and he almost sent it again. LOL. Anyways, I came out and started to get butterflies in my stomach. I forgot my glasses so I had to run back into the bedroom and get them. I came back into the living room and sat down next to Randy. He got the present out from under the tree. It was in a little Jared's bag. Let me tell you, MY HEART WAS BEATING SO FAST!!! We slowly opened the bag and started to cry. Yes, my honey cried. It was so emotional. I told Randy that I was scared to open it. He told me that he was glad that I was scared because he was too. He was glad to know that he wasn't the only one scared of the moment. It's like we were so happy about the situation but it was nerve-wrecking too. Finally, I got down to the ring box, mind you we are still balling! I opened the ring box and there was the three bands: the middle band with the solitaire and then two matching bands on the outsides. It was so beautiful. Randy told me that there was something that he was supposed to ask me. I said, "yes?" He said my full name, "Nicole Elizabeth Guasp, will you marry me?" Through the pouring tears, I mumbled, "YES!" Then we cried some more. It was the best moment of my life. I mean as a little girl you imagine it but when it actually happens its so much more. Randy put the ring on my finger and we just stared at it for a couple minutes or so and then he held me tight in his arms. We eventually went to bed and woke up the next day to go to my Aunt and Uncle's house for Christmas day and to announce our engagement.




We are so excited.

We wanted to share this moment with everyone. We love you all and we are so happy to have you apart of our lives. We love to hear from you and are more than happy to receive some of your advice.

Merry Christmas to all from the Demke Clan!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment