Monday, March 29, 2010

Growth in my Tummy

It all started about 6 months ago.

We had been discussing on when we wanted to start trying to have a family. I had been getting pretty baby hungry and we were coming up on our year anniversary so I had thought, it's perfect. And Randy isn't getting any younger and I didn't want our first child to have a 50 year old dad when he graduates high school...

So we decided that I would continue with whatever packs of birth control I had left, because I buy it in bulk, and then when we were done then we would start trying. Well, for those of you who do not know my crazy husband very well, he is strict when it comes to plans. What I mean is that, since we had decided to wait until all my birth control was used up, we could not stop the birth control any sooner or any later. I finished my last pack at the end of January. So that was when it was going to be. Whenever I mentioned quitting any sooner his immediate response would be NO, we planned on ending in Jan!! I am not sure if any of this is making sense, if not just ignore!

So the end of January came and I had no more birth control so we decided it was time. Well, for those of you who do not know me very well, I have been on birth control for almost 7 years straight. I've had some medical problems that has lead me to be on it since I was young. Well, I've always been told that when you have taking birth control for so long that it can takes months of trying to get pregnant so we were expecting that it would take us at least 3 months if not longer to get pregnant. We were soooo wrong!

A month went by and I was supposed to be starting my monthly cycle and I hadn't. So I thought, "OH man! This is it!" We bought some pregnancy test and went home to take them. We were nervous but excited at the same time! We began the test and to our suprise it was a BIG FAT NEGATIVE!!! We were so confused. I thought maybe it's too soon. So a few days later, we took another test. Again, BIG FAT NEGATIVE. I was like, "What! Then where is my period at!" Randy kept saying, "It's just your body trying to get all of the hormones out of it and getting back to normal." I was like, "Whatever!" HA. What was probably the weirdest thing was that I was cramping. It wasn't period cramps either, it was more like subtle and just uncomfortable. But because I wasn't on my period, I just ignored it. I just kinda let it go and went on expecting that maybe it was my body just trying to get back to normal. A week or so more had went by and I was texting my sister, who was really the only one who knew what was going on. I needed someone to confide in. She said, "Your pregnant, go take another test." I said, "I can't believe this. There is no way it is going to be positive I just took one less than a week ago. She said, "Just do it." OKAY!

So we sat down and began to get all nervous again. Took the test and again to our surprise..... BIG FAT POSITIVE. We were like, "WHAT!!!!!" No way, no way! We just took a test. There is no way that it was positive when we just had a negative test. Not to mention we took the test at night instead of first thing in the morning. I called my sister and told her! She said, "Come over and let's celebrate. I have ice cream." The next day we took two more test because I didn't believe it. And they were all so positive. I mean, there was no hesitation. No waiting. Immediately response. We just couldn't believe it.

We decided we would tell our family that weekend at a big party that we were having. Everyone freaked. Randy's family was jumping up and down and all of them were crying. All the girls at least. Randy has a large family with lots of brother and sisters and has no nieces and nephew. I mean a mother doesn't just have a bunch of kids and have no grandchildren. It was so fun.

So, I am 10 weeks along and have been feeling not too bad. Although I've been told that I have be pretty sick. I have been nauseated quite a bit but haven't thrown up unless I have taken my prenatal without eating properly. The cramping was because my uterus was expanding and it has subsided. I have been pretty tired and regularly take naps. Although I haven't had any crazy cravings. At least not one thing specific. Except, I can't really eat chicken. Sometimes it grosses me out and at other times it just taste really funky. My tummy has just been really uncomfortable. Whenever any pressure is put on my belly I get really annoyed. It's hard because Randy wants to rub my belly but I just can't have it. It's uncomfortable.

I feel like I am showing too. If you looked at me you would not notice but my pants feel tighter and after I've eaten my belly bloats!


Wow, I didn't realize how long this was. As you can tell, I like to talk. There is never such a thing as the simplified version of a story with me. Sorry. Not to mention, I kinda went into detail. I probably shouldn't be as open as I am. Oh well. :P

I will post again and update you about my doctor's appointment tomorrow. Wish me luck. And pray that everything will go well. Whew! I'm getting butterflies just thinking about it. :)

5 comments:

  1. Wow I can't believe you got pregnant in one month! some of us aren't so lucky:( I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy and the best of luck!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, are you guys trying right now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah we've been trying for about 18 months now. I've started some fertility meds this month so we're crossing our fingers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. We'll I wish you guys all the luck. I'm sorry I have no advice. Ha! Wait, 18 months? Did you just get married?

    ReplyDelete
  5. we started 6 months before we got married & our first anniversary is june 6th.

    ReplyDelete